Saturday, October 28, 2006

Rough Draft of Short Story


Bam! Bum! Boom!-Fire works were crashing in the air at midnight, on New Years Eve at the Appalachian Mountains.“They look awesome! Don’t you think Michael?” I said to my brother.

“Oh, is so colorful!” Both of them, the two sisters shouted at the same time, Emily and Susan. My best friends.

“Yes the sky looks great!” said Michael to me but trying not to say it directly to Emily he wanted her will hear him.

“Bow wow”, barked Max, Emily’s and Susan new golden retriever. He was scared of all the noise and laughter.

“Hey do you want to go and ride some snow boarding?” I said.

“Ok let´s go!” the whole group said.

We were all snow boarding together and doing a race. Suddenly Michael says; “Look at Max he is running away!”

We all took four snow mobiles to go faster; we couldn’t catch him, he went to fast.“Now what are we going to do, we are tired and with nothing to eat we will die!” said Susan desperate.

“Don’t worry everything will be ok,” said Michael trying to convince Susan.

While we were on the search we got stuck on the ice. We were all hungry, cold, and desperate because we haven´t find Max. “Where are you Max? Why don’t you come out?” said Emily with a tired voice.

“We all have to calm down we will find him; I know we can do it.” I said.

“Are you sure? I’m freezing out here and we don’t have a clue of were Max could be,” said Susan.

The snow mobiles were still under the snow and we couldn’t get them out. We were lost! “I’m afraid we have to go walking from now and on,” said Michael.

We hurried up because we were very cold, our families didn’t know that we were here in the middle of the snow freezing and we had to find Max! After a while of walking we haven’t found him. We were getting frustrated. “Hey lets do something, why don’t we separate and we will go faster.” I said.

“Great idea! Emily and me will go together and Susan and you,” said Michael.

“Ok let’s do it! The team that finds Max first has to find the others so they could stop searching.” I said.

“But what if we can’t find the others?” said Emily.

“Sooo…Let’s don’t do that. We meet at this lake in 20 minutes if none of us found it we will require help.” said Susan.
“Let’s do it!” all.

Susan and I haven’t found Max and 10 minutes have already pass. We were scared and also worried. We didn’t know if Michael and Emily have found him. “What are we going to do? My poor Max is freezing in the woods and we haven’t found him. I’m’ a bad mother!” said Susan.

“Don’t worry we will find him, trust on me Susan.” I said.

Emily and Michael were the same of us. They haven’t found anything similar to Max, either an animal. Suddenly a strange noise came from the woods. Was a very shy one, like if it was scared. Like if there was a dog whimpering to find his owner. “Michael can you hear the strange noise?” said Emily.

“Yes, yes I hear it! It is Max!” said Michael happily.

“We can both hear it but we can’t see it,” said Emily. “

“Let’s go in this direction and see if there is Max,”said Michael.

Susan and I were trying to find a clue and finally we see Emily and Michael left of us.“Ahhhh..!”We all shouted.

“Uff! That was a scary one,” said Susan.

“Have you found Max?” I said.

“No, but we heard something whimpering,” said Emily.”

“Oh yes I hear it!” I said.

“Let’s go! I think is this way, come on!” said Susan.

Finally we see Max. “Hey there is Max! Below the tree!” said Emily.

“Yes, I can see it, said Susan, “the only problem is that is on the other side of the lake.”

“Ok I will go,” said Michael.

“Carefully!” all the three of us shouted neourvously.

Five minutes later Michael comes back with Max. They were both shaking because of the cold night. "Take my sweater Michael." I said. Susan and Emily were satisfied because her little dog Max was safe. They rap him on her jacket.

Finally we all went back walking and hungry. We were very tired and exhausted. When we got there our parents were waiting for us. We told them all what had happened, they believed in us and gave us a huge blanket to cover with. We drink some coffee and eat some marshmallows. “We have to do it again,” I said.

“Off Corss, it was great!” said Susan worried to do it again but anxious.

“Ok, I will do it again, would you Michael?” said Emily.

“All right!” said Michael.

“Why don’t we do it again, tomorrow, in the morning, we go outside and have some fun, searching for new adventures,” I said.

“Bow wow,” barked Max.

“Ja, Ja, Ja,” we all laughed.

No comments: