Monday, October 30, 2006

(((Monsters Are Due on Mapple Street)))


At last, Rod Serling is trying to say that not all what causes dead are bombs, explosions, and fallout. Humans are danger in their own mind; they can kill each other by, thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices. ”For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children…the children yet unborn.” Said the Narrator. We are not the same, we are all different and we have different variations and everyone is unique. “Their world is full of Mapple Streets.” Said the Narrator. What he wanted to say was that we are all the same as them; we fight, discuss, and kill each other. The narrator tries to say that we are all the same but in different aspects. “You know really…this is for laughs. You know what I’m guilty of? I’m of insomnia. Now what’s the penalty for insomnia? Did you hear what I said? I said it was insomnia! I said it was insomnia! You fools. You scared, frightened rabbits, you. You’re sick people, do you know that? You’re sick people all of you! And you don’t even know what your starting because let me tell you…let me tell you, this thing you’re starting, that should frightened you. As god is my witness…you’re letting something begin here that’s a nightmare!” Said Les Goodman. Do you really think he was good? Well sure he was, he was advising us to be careful to what we say.

I think the message is beautiful, the narrator tries to convince us of the message he says. I assent with all what Rod Serling is saying. I totally agree with it. One of the things he says is,"Humans are danger in their own mind; they can kill each other by, thoughts, attitudes,and prejudices.

What I think that the play would change is the technology. For a better audience now instead of being on Mapple Street I would do it at New York in the Twin Towers in the 35 floor, late at night working for presentation they have for tomorrow. Nothing on the building would work because there has been a flash out. The people that was traped couldn´t do anything cause they couldn´t see and neither finish the presentation. All computers failed, cell phones won´t work, and the elevator is stuck. Is to high to go down from the strairs and they wouldn´t see a thing. sincerely I would be crying, I won´t have nothing to eat, and couldn´t see nothing! That would be a disaster. A littel boy that went to work with her mommy said that waht cause all os these would be aliens. Tommy had seen the something on his laptop and on the t.v. that aliens were attacking!

No comments: