Monday, January 29, 2007

Long Distance Relationship


I met a girl be commenting on her blog and her name is Catrina. She studies in Mala. A very interesting issue I saw on her introduction was Long Distance Relationships with your best friends.

Another I guess you could call “issue” I’m finding interesting is

Long-distance relationships. But it’s a bit different, because it’s not with a boyfriend or girlfriend, it’s with friends who have moved away from you. Well there’s this one really confusing part to me, why is it that after a few months or years without talking to a really close friend, you have nothing to say to them and you can’t really relate to them anymore? People say, “it’s because you grew apart since you have nothing that you really know about them anymore.” Well sure, you don’t know what’s happened recently in your life, but you were best friends! You had to have something in common; something there is to talk about!
Sure, easier said than done, make new friends. But then you have no childhood friends that you still talk to, no friends that you’ve known since you were a child up till now, so you just have really close friends, you move away or they move away, and then you’re done! End ofrelationship. Yes you email, sure you send a few letters here and there, but what about seeing them at school and having a blast with them at the mall? So maybe you have to live in the same place as them so that you don’t grow apart.


Catrina I have passed through that. I have a friend called Mariana and we met
when we were in Pepe Grillo, we were the best friends in the world. All the days
I went to her house to play and have some fun together. We grew up until 4 grade
and she had to leave because her mom had a new job in Medellin. We all cried our
eyes until there was no other tear. I was so sad I didn’t want to go to school.
Some months later I was ok and Mariana was coming for vacations to Cartagena, we
passed all the time together going to parks and eating ice cream. That is our
live right now but we are not best friends anymore. We are just
friends, so when she comes for vacations or an important thing she has to do and we
don’t have anything to talk about; well we do have lot’s of things to share
to each other. If I’m going to tell her who is my crush I have to tell her
the long story of how I like him, that’s the problem, but is the only solution.

Another issue that comes right to my mind and I think is the world’s biggest
problem is poverty. I read on Vale’s blog and I totally agree with her, she
took all I had to write. So take a look to it and leave her comments she
would appreciate you a lot.

Bye! Hope you leave me comments!



1 comment:

hungry hippo said...

hey!
well, yeah i guess we talk some, but it's not like the old days, where they know every little secret
and that boyfriend cute guy example, well it'll probably happen and then my best friend is like.. you never told me about him
yeah i think thats a really bad thing, but im sure when i go back to texas to visit in the summer,my best friend will be there and we'll have just as much fun as you did.
but halfway around the world? its not that easy to visit.
oh and by the way, a little change in your post, i study in malaysia
lol
yeah, i'm from texas and i moved to malaysia just this school year, so yeah its been hard
well, hope i get to know you even more!
-cat
u could call me that for short